Friday, November 5, 2010

Dublin #2

I was trying to figure out the easiest way to get back to London from Belfast. Was originally going to catch the ferry from Belfast to Stranrar and the train up to Glasgow Scotland. But the ferry port at Belfast is a long way out of the city and it would have been a nightmare to get to. So decided to catch the train back to Dublin and then the ferry across to Holyhead and then train back to London...

Yes i know flying actually would have been easier... but i like to do it the scenic way and i also had a day left on my Britrail pass... might as well get my moneys worth and use it up on the trains around the UK...

After the intense boredom of not being able to go out much in Belfast I decided to just go crazy and do the craziest (or rather stupidest thing) i've done in a while.... get ticket to the Lady Gaga concert...

So i'm not really that big a fan but i've heard her stuff on the radio... i dont even own one album or have any of her songs on my ipod. But the buzz around Dublin was it was going to be a big concert... so i thought why not...

The concert had been sold out for ages so ppl were saying that i had no chance of getting a ticket... hahah little do they know... so i logged onto ticketmaster online from my hotel room at around 2pm the day of the show... and voila... i got a ticket... it was a tier 2 ticket too so not the most expensive ticket... but the location looked good on the seating map. i wasnt about to get standing tickets cos there's no way i'm standing around all night with young kids screaming in my ear and shorty me can never see in crowds anyway...

So the LUAS (light rail) station was just outside the door to my hotel cos i'd planned it that way with luggage. Caught the train to the stadium. The lady shows me to my seat and then takes a good look at me.
Then she explains that i have very good seats... which were actually a few rows from the front smack bang infront of the stage...
Apparently the row i'm in is usually reserved for celebrities or performer's guests. I guess they hold the seats and then if there isnt anybody coming then they release them for last minute sale... so it was pretty awesome... great view!
And then just before Lady Gaga took the stage, some girls started nudging each other and taking photos... i found out that there was some X-factor person sitting near me but i have no idea who he is...

Although she's not really my cup of tea, I'll admit that the show was fabulous. But i wouldnt let my teenage kid (well under 15) go to it... the swearing etc...
The support act was the worst... the guy got on stage yelling "are you ready you dublin motherf@#$ers" and kept going with calling the crowd "dublin motherf@#$%". i was getting pretty annoyed cos i'm not from dublin but there's no way i'd wanna be called that...

Back pretty late with few hours sleep cos i had to be up for a 6:30am pickup to go to the ferry port back to mainland UK...

No comments:

Post a Comment