Thursday, July 12, 2012

Malaysia Part 5 - Jalan Alor

Thursday 12th June

Just a short walk from our apartment is a street called Alor (Jalan Alor). It is filled with outdoor restaurants and street stalls. The food is very cheap and there is a lot of choice in Jalan Alor.

It is a little like Chinatown in Sydney where the restaurant staff stand just near their stalls trying to entice those who walk by to eat at their restaurant stall.


Jackfruit is sold out of the back of a van

Durian is sold out of the boot of a car



Last time I was in Malaysia, there were a lot of street stalls selling bootleg dvd's and cd's. I guess people just download pirated movies now. You will only see one or two stalls in a street.

I took this photo because I think Asian translation is funny.
There is a DVD that is a pirated copy of "Finding Nemo" but it is called "See Food" in Malaysia... It just made me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment