Monday, June 8, 2015

Japan Day 1

Arrived really late last night so didn't really get a chance to explore. Crashed straight away because I knew I had to be awake for my visit to Tokyo College of Chiropractic (TCC).

This morning I took a taxi to TCC for my meeting. TCC is in the business district of Shimbashi which is not very far from Ginza. I got there a bit early so decided to wander around the neighbourhood. Found a little coffee shop and am quite proud of the fact that I translated the menu without pictures and ordered some breakfast in Japanese because nobody at the shop spoke English.

My boss' counterpart at the TCC is Dr Murakami and I met him today. He gave me a tour of the school and I got to have a look at the skills classrooms and student clinic. I was very impressed that they use a lot of English chiropractic textbooks so these have to be translated to be taught. Dr Murakami's English was very good. 

Meeting Dr. Murakami at Tokyo College of Chiropractic 

After that he gave me a bit of a tour of the area including Zojoji Buddhist temple and Tokyo tower. He also recommended some good eating places.
Zojoji Bhuddist temple - a popular tourist attraction but I didn't see many locals there...

The contrast between the old and the new with Tokyo tower in the background

I think that Dr Murakami thought it was funny that I was fascinated by the umbrella rack.
You put your umbrella in a slot, close it and remove the tab.
It's locked and nobody can steal your umbrella. Such a great idea!!


No comments:

Post a Comment