Friday, June 19, 2015

Japan Day 6

Dave left today so Marika and I decided to go... shopping!!!

First stop was Akihabara. This is the electronics area in Tokyo. We only spent a couple of hours there and I could have spent longer but we really wanted to get to Nippori. Walking out of the station, there were a lot of people handing out flyers for discounts to various stores with electronics. I was only looking for a replacement eye piece for my camera as mine had broken the night before.

My first stop was Labi because I had been recommended to visit this chain store that also has electronics. I was told that the prices are reasonable. They did not have my camera eye piece but I was pointed towards a large camera warehouse shop in the local area. Found what I needed and bought it for a decent price.

Gundam Cafe
I could have spent another half a day here... and this is why... Akihabara is also full of Anime/Manga stores!! Had a short look around and then got back on the train bound for Nippori...

Love all the anime shops

Nippori is also known as "Fashion town". It is a whole street of fabric and sewing supply shops. We spent a few hours looking at beautiful fabrics. I bought a couple of meters of 100% cotton and 100% made in Japan fabric that I just couldn't resist buying because I thought it was really beautiful. Ended up buying a kimono at a second hand shop and the kimono, obi and all the ties and undergarments for about AUD$45. Another amazing buy... I just am not entirely sure when I will get to wear it...

Beautiful fabrics of Nippori
Beautiful fabrics - I wanted to buy them all!


After Nippori, we headed back to Kappabashi to buy on the knives I had decided to buy. Again, they are beautifully crafted and 100% made in Japan.

After a successful shopping day, we headed back to the hotel. We were very tired from all the walking so decided to get food from the basement of the Mitsukoshi department store and take it back to our hotel room for a quiet night.
Packed so we could check out the next day.

Sashimi salad

Sushi with everything in it!


No comments:

Post a Comment