Thursday, June 11, 2015

Japan Day 4

Disney Sea

Today I dragged my fellow travelers to Disney Sea. Last year I had been to Disneyland and the layout of Tokyo Disneyland is very similar but just smaller. So I thought it would be cool to go to Disney Sea for a change.

Once you get to Maihama station, you change trains to the Disneyland line. The looping Disneyland train is so... Disney... with Mickey Mouse windows and even Mickey Mouse handles for standing riders to hold onto.

Disney Sea was bigger than I thought it would be.

Entry plaza at Disney Sea
So we went straight for rides!! I love roller coasters and rides... the scarier the better...
The trick with rides is to go for the Fastpass. This way you spend minimal time waiting in lines.
We ended up riding most of the big rides. Most weren't that great but I ended up riding a ride called 'Raging Spirits' in Lost River Delta (Indiana Jones land) twice... It has a small loop where you go upside down for a bit but it's pretty tame really... That was the scariest ride on offer.

The other stuff we got up to that day just involved getting into the spirit of things and trying on stupid hats and accessories for fun.

I think the hat is cute but I didn't buy it cos I've never wear it again...

Our waiter from the Teppanyaki place last night also works at Disney Sea. So we caught up with our new friend and bought a hotdog from him.

Yes even the icecream is Disney themed!

Fun with Disney accessories!

Fun with Goofy

 
It was weird watching this stage show were the songs are in Japanese...
At 8pm, people gather at the big lakefront of Disney Sea (Mediterranean Harbour)... They then have a big performance with all the Disney characters. The show features a light show and also some pyrotechnics/fireworks. Again, it was kinda weird listening to songs I know in English but sung in Japanese.  After the show there was supposed to be another fireworks show but they ended up cancelling it. So we decided to call it a night and head home...
We ended up grabbing dinner at TGI Fridays at Maihama station before heading back to the hotel. I was pooped after a fun day out!

Light show. Mickey was standing on a platform on top of a huge lit up wizard hat.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment