Wednesday, June 22, 2016

M&M&M's adventures - Roadtrip New York to Boston


We got to sleep in a little bit and then headed to LaGuardia airport to pick up a rental car. I'm impressed... The bay with my rental car had my name on it... 


We then set off on our roadtrip from New York to Boston. The first hurdle was navigating out of New York. We went up through the Bronx area and crossed the bridge that I was looking at last night from the window box of the Asiatic hotel.


After that the drive along freeways was quite pleasant.

We stopped for lunch in New Haven and walked around Yale university for a short while. The buildings are very pretty. 


Then we drove to the first of the factory outlet shops we were going to hit up for some retail therapy. Within 10mins Michelle and Marika had bought shoes and we left after 30mins. That was quick factory outlet shopping! 

After that we made an impromptu visit to the Mark Twain house in Hartford. 
Samuel Clements (aka Mark Twain) was a prominent American writer. I remember reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn when I was young. 
We were able to walk around his house and learn a little about his life. 

After the Twain house, we drove to Wrentham Mass factory outlets to do a little more shopping and grab some dinner.

I got so excited to see the California mountain company because I knew they make candied apples. Ordered a peanut butter one and it was soooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment